looking around Tumblr (and the internet in general) i noticed a distinct lack of QPOC-related pride graphics… and anyone who follows my blog has probably noticed that i love graphics! so, as usual, i decided to make some of my own for people to use. they are extremely minimalistic, as is my style, but i hope they can be of use to people.
please feel free to use these as you see fit. if i missed something or there’s something specific that you’d like a graphic like this for, feel free to send me an ask.
- clarification of the acronyms is included because while the meanings are obvious to some of us, there are still many people who are unfamiliar with them. let’s change that!
- i decided not to focus on sexual/romantic orientations with APOC being the exception. why APOC? because not all asexual people self-identify as queer or as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, so none of the other graphics apply to them. however, i still feel that POC visibility and pride in the asexual community is extremely important.
- i debated with myself over whether to use singular (person/woman/man) or plural (people/women/men) as the acronyms encompass both, but in the end i decided to go with singular as i envision people uses these graphics to show their own personal pride more than group pride?
- the colors used for the non-binary pride graphic are from the non-binary flag proposed by thejasmineelf. these colors are by no means official or widely agreed upon at present.
- i considered using "enby" instead of “non-binary person”, but i’m still not entirely sold on that term and i know that some people passionately hate it.